Since the days of Vine, short-form video has become increasingly popular. Now, with TikTok, IG Reels, and YouTube Shorts, it seems like every social media platform is implementing its own dedicated way to display short-form video content. And this means one thing: short-form video will dominate 2023.
What Is Short-Form Video?
Short-form video is a type of video content that is typically less than one to three minutes long, depending on the platform. Creators and brands use short-form videos to convey a quick message, either with the intent of entertaining or informing their audience. It can also be used to create viral content, as short snippets are easily and quickly shared across multiple platforms.
Stats That Predict Short-Form Video Domination in 2023
We’re not just guessing; we know short-form content will stay relevant this year. Marketing research agrees that micro-moments captured on video will continue driving engagement for brands and creators alike.
- According to HubSpot’s Marketing Trends Report, short-form video will see the highest growth in 2023.
- 73% of consumers prefer watching a short-form video to learn about a brand’s offerings.
- Short-form video has the highest marketing ROI at 30%, ranking at the top for lead gen and engagement.
- 85% of marketers believe short-form content is the most effective format on social media.
- 21% of marketers will tap into short-form content for the first time this year.
- 90% of marketers will increase or maintain their investment in short-form content in 2023.
Short-form videos yield ROI gold for marketers, provide better SEO results, make information easily digestible for consumers, and continually foster high engagement levels. Your business is missing out on the gains if you don’t have a well-planned video strategy.
If you’re ready to jumpstart your social media presence and build a converting audience, contact us today.